The Common Good Foundation in partnership with the Jersey Law Commission and in collaboration with JICAS, is hosting the 2021 Environmental Crimes and Protection Conference on September 16- 17, 2021 in St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom.
The purpose of the international conference is to bring together professionals from diverse disciplines to discuss emerging trends and responses to environmental crimes and environmental protection. Some areas of interest include:
- Successful or ineffective international, regional, national, local, Indigenous governmental responses to environmental protection and/or environmental crimes
- Innovative solutions across international, regional, national, local, and Indigenous communities to protect the environment and/or respond to environmental crimes
- Ocean protection
- Climate Change
- Legal responses to environmental crimes and/or accountability measures that have been adopted
- Comparative Indigenous, national, regional, and international (criminal or civil) approaches to preventing or addressing environmental crimes
- Wildlife crimes
- Technological responses to environmental crime and/or environmental protection
The deadline for abstract submission is NOW CLOSED. at midnight (EDT). Acceptance notifications will be sent out no later than mid-July. All conference participants must adhere to the COVID 19 guidelines in Jersey, UK which can be found here: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Pages/index.aspx
No grants or scholarships are available for the conference. The conference is scheduled to be an in-person event. For questions, please contact the Conference host at email@example.com
Public registration for the conference will open in August 2021.