The Common Good Foundation in partnership with the Jersey Law Commission (Channel Islands) will be hosting the 2022 Environmental Crimes and Protection Conference, March 17 – 18, 2022, in Coral Gables, Florida, USA.
The purpose of this international conference is to bring together professionals from various professional disciplines to discuss emerging trends and responses to environmental crimes and environmental protection. Some areas of interest for this year’s conference include, but are not limited to:
- The effectiveness of environmental and environmental criminal laws and regulations in the international, regional, and national contexts.
- The Rights of Nature
- Protection of our oceans and/or The Ocean Decade
- Climate Justice or Climate Action
- Green colonialism or green washing
- Technological responses to environmental crimes and/or environmental protection
- Modern Slavery or Gender-based violence and the environment
- Legal responses to environmental crimes and/or accountability measures that have been adopted.
- The Right to a Healthy Environment
The link for abstract submission can be found here: https://forms.gle/G1Nkdbzc9CcpkkAs6
The deadline for abstract submission is January 31, 2022 at midnight (EDT). Acceptance notifications will be sent within two weeks of the abstract submission deadline. All selected participants will be invited to submit articles for the 2022 volume of The Resolution Journal. Last year’s conference proceedings can be found here (special thanks to 3C International).
No grants, scholarships, or financial assistance is available for the conference. The conference is scheduled to be an in-person event. All participants will be required to adhere to COVID-19 regulations to travel into the United States and any COVID 19 restrictions that may be in place for Florida and the conference venue. For questions, please contact the Conference host at email@example.com.
Registration will open in February 2022.